• There is no additional charge for crating.
• Prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change without notice.
• 50% advance deposit is required to enter an order into production. The balance is due when we are ready to ship.
• There is a 20% fee for cancellation of orders that have been entered into production.
• For returned items there is a 20% restocking fee. No returns will be accepted without prior written authorization.
• All dimensions are approximate and are given to the nearest half-inch.
• Models are handmade and may vary slightly from pictures or finish samples.
• Specifications are subject to change without notice.
• Due to the hand-made nature of the product, pairs or multiples should be ordered at the same time.
• Copper and brass in their natural form are two of the most beautiful metals. We lightly distress and antique our copper and brass table tops to make them look as though they have been enjoyed for generations. We do not hand-hammer our copper or brass because that destroys the natural deep luster of the metallic surface. Some patina is applied at our studio, but there is no way of speeding up this natural process. When you first receive your metal table top, it may show stains like finger marks etc. But you need not be alarmed. These stains will soon go away as the copper or brass surface develops a patina and its color deepens. Once the metal ages, and its patina becomes fully developed, the table top will become more resistant to stains. Copper or brass topped tables are mostly used for casual dining, so stains left by hands, food, or glasses are usually not a problem. The best thing is that stains on these metals are never permanent and fade away over time. However, if such stains are undesirable, the metal surface should be treated like any other piece of fine furniture and protected with coasters, trivets, place mats, etc. Trying to clean finger marks, glass rings, or other stains with a commercial cleaner will remove the patina and make matters worse. The best way to clean copper or brass is with a damp cloth. Lightly coating the surface with olive oil or paste wax is very helpful. It may be mentioned here that copper has natural anti-bacterial properties, which makes it an ideal material for table tops.
• Cast Stone is a rugged material and will withstand decades of use, indoors or outdoors. Even so, it should be treated as any other piece of fine furniture and protected against damage by abrasion, hard impacts, etc. Spills and soils should be promptly sponged with a mild soap solution. Hairline cracks are inherent to this material due to contraction and expansion with changes in temperature and moisture. Small cracks and chips do not affect the structural integrity of the piece. Cast stone is made from environmentally safe substances and does not contain resins or other solvent-based materials.
• One of the special services we offer is the ability to customize our products to fit your specifications. Most items in our catalogue can be modified to suit your unique requirements. Please allow us the opportunity to quote on your unusual sizes or custom designs.
• Custom ordered goods are neither returnable nor refundable.
• Items shown in previous catalogues that are not included in the current catalogue are generally available by special order.
• All seating items are covered in our standard off-white fabric. C.O.M (Customer’s Own Material) is installed at no extra charge. Yardage requirements specified in the catalogue are based on 54” wide plain goods. If your fabric is less than 54” wide, or has a repeat of more than 2 inches, please add the following percentages to the yardage:
|2″ – 10″
|11″ – 15″
|16″ – 20″
|21″ – 36″
We reserve the right to install fabric as we deem fit unless the customer provides specific instructions.
• We ship freight collect f.o.b. Houston. Any discounts we negotiate with a carrier are passed on to the customer. Please make sure your freight bill is properly discounted. Due to the nature of the product, goods must be received and uncrated professionally. If the customer does not have a receiving dock, we recommend that a receiving/delivery service be used. Dropping crates from the back of a truck down to ground level will definitely damage the goods.
• All items are meticulously inspected, securely crated, and delivered to the carrier in good condition. Gilani Furniture, Inc. relinquishes all responsibility for goods shipped upon a clean receipt from the carrier. It is the consignee/receiver who must make exceptions on the delivery receipt, noting all dents, holes, broken crates/cartons, or any other damage. The customer bears the risk of loss or damage (concealed or visible) during shipment. Some items are shipped knocked down to minimize the risk of damage. Should damage occur, the customer must immediately (within 72 hours) inform the carrier and call Gilani Furniture, Inc. at 713-263-9101 for instructions regarding replacement/return procedures. If it is determined that the returned merchandise was damaged during return transit due to poor packing, it will not be accepted for credit or adjustment.
• Gilani Furniture, Inc. is not liable for delay or failure of delivery due to strikes and/or differences with workmen, war, riot, fire, compliance with government regulations, acts of God, failure or delay of sources of supply, or any other cause beyond our control.